Monday, June 8, 2015

The Man-Bun and we're not talking a sweet piece of ass here


#manbunmonday #manbunlifestyle #manbun4life.....however you hashtag it I will never understand the trend that is the man bun.  Growing up in the 80's, when I heard man bun, I looked at a mans ass.  Buns = ass right?  Somewhere between 1980 and 2015 man bun no longer referred to a hot piece of man ass, but instead it morphed into a man (hot or not) who decided instead of washing his hair, he will in fact, toss his rats nest into a bun and call it a day.

Now I picked the ever yummy Chris Hemsworth to show as my example.  He's a fine piece of man served on a dish full of hello, with a side of I'm gonna bite that tush.  A quick google search of Chris Hemsworth shows him looking so great with his short hair, his Thor hair and his wet hair while half naked on the beach.....but he just doesn't look good with the man bun.

Why??  Why do I find this trend takes a man from yummy to yucky?  I think I just equate it to being messy, unkept, stinky and just all around sloppy.  At what point did the first man to invent this look, watch some ballerina all done up with her tight bun atop her hair and say......I want to do that!?!  Then this man bun inventor said "shit that's just too much effort, fuck it I can't even make it neat".  Then top this look off by having a messy beard.

I'm all for men having long hair.  My boyfriend had long hair for years (shhh don't tell him I shared that) and not once did that mane go into a bun.  Even the hippies of the 70's just let that beautiful long hair flow.  So why the bun?

I say let that hair flow free.  Make sure it's washed, brushed and smells wonderful.  Hell I'm even ok with a ponytail...I just hate the damn bun!

Can't we please just go back to the time when I could turn to my girlfriends and say "check out the buns on that man" and I'm referring to his tight naked ass, instead of the Princess Leia doughnut rolls???

Crabbie Chris

Do you sport a man bun?  Share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment