Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Follow my bandwagon!!



I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, surrounded by parks, the bay, the Golden Gate Bridge and asshole sports fans!  Now I don't follow sports at all, but I am a huge fan of Disneyland.  Now when I plan a trip to Disneyland, I don't then set fire to my city, steal shit out of stores and destroy city property.  I don't go around spraying M. Mouse onto city buses, I don't grab a bottle of pixie dust, light it on fire then throw it at cops.

Now why am I bringing this random topic up?  It's because some basketball team is in a championship game, and had the potential to win this event tonight.  As I watched the morning news with my dogs today, it was reported that local law enforcement agencies are gearing up for the inevitable rioting and jackassery that goes along with this win (if it doesn't happen tonight it might sometime this week).  This report reminded me of when the SF Giants won some championship thus bringing out the inner hellion in otherwise normal individuals.

So the real kicker to all this?  If they win, the city will probably burn and if they lose? the city will probably burn.  I ask you this....why?  What joy does an individual get out of this?  Did they shoot baskets, hit a homerun or score a touchdown?  Are the members of the team out there pissing on cop cars and setting bonfires in the middle of Mission Street?

I'm hoping basketball fans might be a bit more civil than the SF Giants fans and not cause traffic delays or burn a bus that I might need to ride in.  I'm hoping that since I didn't even know we had a basketball team up until a few weeks ago, that the "fans" are bandwagoners that will realize that if they win or lose, their miserable lives will still be the same.

Crabbie Chris

Are you a fan of sports or are you a "bandwagoner"?  Do you enjoy burning your city to the ground if it wins or loses?  I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Sports Fan - yes
    Bandwagoner - no (I am loyal to my local teams win or lose)
    Rioting, looting and pyromania - no, I have civic PRIDE
    Disneyland Fan - through and through

    ReplyDelete